Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dog's Vaction From Us Went Well

The whole pet-sitting experience was great! She text'd us while we were away each night to let us know how the girls were doing. It was so calming to get the msgs... I really missed those two.

And also, when we got back home the pet-sitter left us a nice "Welcome Home" card on our counter to see. She was so thoughtful!

We'll definitely recommend her to our local friends in AZ.

I guess that's the point of having a licensed and bonded pet sitter; so that we'll be able to enjoy our time away and not worry. I think the dogs enjoyed it too. Typically when we pick them up from the kennels, they are depressed for a couple days. They miss all of their friends that they were hanging out with. But since they were home this time, they weren't depressed at all.

4 comments:

Psiplex said...

If that doesn't bring a smile to your face, nothing will! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Sound like you found a great service. Luckily my sister has watched our pets in our home when we go away, so I haven't needed a pet sitting service so far. I know how much I miss them and it's so thoughtful of the sitter to text you every night - that has to be reassuring.
p.s your pups are adorable! Stella Bella looks just like my brother's dog Squiggy.

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I hate leaving my dog behind when I travel too. This year I'm making it up to him and taking a dog friendly vacation.

What is Wrong With Me 2 said...

what adorable doggies! :) I'm so glad you found an excellent doxie sitter! :)