Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dog mani-pedi's

$8.00 to get your dog's nails trimmed. And I mean barely trimmed! I guess it's alright... but they recommend that you should get your dog's nails trimmed every other week. That's pretty pricey for two dogs...

I just brought Stella to PetSmart to get her nails trimmed. Lucy's turn was two days ago.

I've tried cutting them myself at home, but they're too squirmy. Or maybe I'm using a bad nail trimmer? Of course, the one I bought a couple years ago was a "cheap" model. So I bought the model that they use at PetSmart for $9.99. Maybe that'll make a difference?

I just feel bad... like I'm neglected my dog's personal care. I definitely don't get them trimmed as often as I should. I'm so afraid that their nails will grow abnormally or something.

Well, at least they're both trimmed this week.

4 comments:

Sue Fell said...

Your dachsies are cute. I've got one too, real characters!

WorldTravelista said...

Thanks!! We love them... they definitely have personality! ;)

LucyS said...

I do love miniature dachshunds. I have had two. The second one died about 2 years ago and I still miss him. They are such characters! I have a German shepherd now, but one day I will have another dachsie.

Syl said...

Hello! first of all, sorry for my bad english...I'm from Spain and I'll do my best :P
I work as a dog groomer, and I think that you can see when your dog's nails are too long, just listening the noise on the floor when they walk. When you say "get the nails trimmed" do you mean "cut" them or "smooth with a file"?
If you want to keep them short, you should cut just the end of the nail every month, it's not necesary to cut them every week :)
Well, see you in the blogosphere!